The Truth about Midnight Carbs and Top Weight Loss Tips to Avoid This
One of the greatest problems that ruin most individual’s weight loss goals is midnight carbs or late night eating. Most individuals are completely fine following their weight loss diet plan for the most part of the day. You usually can control what you eat provided it is daylight. During this period, you are typically busy performing daily activities such as caring for your household or taking care of other responsibilities.
The problem comes during sundown when you are typically at home with only television to keep you company. Regardless of the cause, late night eating usually results in overeating, and this can lead to serious health hazards.
Consequences of Late Night Eating
- Can Lead to Weight Gain
If you are not able to control your food cravings and give in to late night eating, it can cause you to pack on the pounds. While this has not been scientifically proven, midnight carbs can lead to unnecessary weight gain. If you eat high calorie foods every day during sundown, you will certainly gain weight.
- Affects your Sleeping
You may have noticed that you never pick up something healthy, such as a fruit, to eat at sundown. Eating late at night is always about foods that contain high amounts of calories, such as ice cream, chocolate, pizza or cheese burger. Scientific investigations have revealed that consuming foods that are high in spices and caffeine makes sleeping difficult. The digestive system finds it hard to breakdown foods high in calories and this affects sound sleep indirectly.
Weight Loss Tips to Break Free From Late Night Eating
Now, bear in mind that the best way to get rid of excess body fat is to eat 3 square meals daily and avoid eating in-between meals. However, since this is easier said than done, here are a few tips to aid you overcome midnight carbs.
* Be determined not to eat anything after dinner or late during the day
* Satisfy your cravings for food with low calorie alternatives such as vegetables, fruits and herbal tea.
* Divert your attention to something else. For example, you can read a good book, relax within a hot bath or go out for a walk.
* Eat more protein rich foods during dinner. Recent scientific investigations indicate that protein rich foods can keep you feeling full for longer periods of time.
* Include more fiber in your everyday diet, particularly your dinner diet. Fiber rich foods such as berries, whole grains and beans will help keep hunger pangs at bay.
* Eat slowly and enjoy every bite. Eating at a slow pace gives your body time to get signals from your brain that you are full
* Eat a good breakfast everyday. If you skip breakfast, your chances of snacking impulsively on high calorie foods will increase.
Thus, there you have it – simple and helpful tips to break free from unhealthy midnight carbs. Always remember that to achieve your weight loss goals, you should eat 3 meals daily and avoid eating after dinner.