image: © piotr-Marcinski / Fotolia
The Top 5 Myths about Weight Loss Exposed
Myth 1: Fad diets are the best way to lose weight
Fad diets promise miracles and rely on you seriously reducing what you eat and avoiding certain foods. They are very hard to do long term and you normally regain the weight. Long-term fast weight loss and very low calorie diets (less than 800 calories) can lead to health problems. So while a fad diet may start your weight loss and help motivate you, they are not the solution for permanent weight loss.
Instead: Choose a diet-for-life such as the Mediterranean Diet. You can serve it to all the family since it is tasty, healthy and balanced. If you are cooking one meal for everyone, you are more likely stick to the diet.
Myth 2: Physical exercise takes too much time.
If… Continue reading
image: © laurent-hamels / Fotolia
5 Essential Elements For weight loss
– Before you start on the latest diet, consider your lifestyle. Many women work hard, get tired and also feed others. You will have a better chance of maintaining your health and achieving sustainable weight loss if you aren’t constantly hungry and tired on your diet.
– It will also support your success if the others are eating the same as you and you only cook one meal option. When you’re tired or pressed for time, it’s too easy to cook just for the others.
– So improve everyone’s overall eating by following a diet such as the Mediterranean diet. It’s easy to follow and easy to bulk up the plates of bigger appetites with healthy food.
- The Right Size
– Did you ever for a moment believe size didn’t count? Equip yourself with photos of the recommended… Continue reading
image: © Amelia-Fox / Fotolia
The Pillars of Pilates: How it helps to lose weight
Are you looking for a very gratifying way to focus all that energy into losing weight, toning your muscles and improving flexibility all at the same time? Do you often find yourself short of breath after climbing a flight of stairs at work?
Then, look no further, because today, we’ll tell you about the craze that is Pilates!
FINDING YOUR “CENTER”
Pilates’ methodology primarily focuses on you finding your “center”. Many instructors refer to this center as the “powerhouse”: composed of all the muscles in the central part of the body, encompassing the lower and upper back, abdomen, inner thighs, hips and buttocks. One of the teachings states that the totality of movement in Pilates should be coming from the so-called powerhouse and flow outward a person’s limbs.
So how does this powerhouse helps? It’s… Continue reading
Diet pills – safe enough to be trusted?
With a large number of different types of slimming programs and diet pills in the market, consumers often get tempted into trying them out so as to lose weight. However, you must bear in mind that many products in the market make extremely misleading claims and long term usage of weight loss pills can also be potentially dangerous.
In this article, we will bust some of the common myths regarding weight loss pills.
image: © alexthq13 / Fotolia
Common myths surrounding weight loss pills busted
- Myth: Pills offer rapid loss of weight
This is probably the most common of myths surrounding diet pills. Most pills that are available over the counter will promise the quick loss of weight with regular usage. However, the fact is that this is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. Any diet pill which promises super quick… Continue reading