How to do push ups properly
Push- ups are the most common exercises comes to your mind when you start a fitness routine. This is one of the most powerful exercises that helps to shape your total body.
It helps to build your upper body parts such as chest, triceps, shoulders, biceps. It also targets your abdominal and back muscles.
- Lie on the floor with your hands wider than your shoulder.
- Your starting position should be, you are raised up from the floor and balancing on your toes and hands.
- You should maintain a good posture, your shoulders, butts and knees should form a straight line.
- You can position your toes closer or slightly wider.
- Now pull in and tighten your belly muscles.
- Lower down your body and now your elbows form an angle of 90 degrees.
- You must inhale while lowering down.
- Exhale and return to your starting position.
- Repeat this routine.You can start with 8-12 reps.
- Increase the resistance and reps as you gain more strength.
Push Up variation:
You can increase the complexity of push ups by adding variety and resistance.
- Inclined and declined push ups
Your toes should be on the floor and your hands in a raised position while you perform inclined push ups. Reverse this position to do the declined push ups.
- Diamond push ups
Your hands must be so close.Your index finger and thumbs of each hand must form a diamond shape while you do those push ups.
- Clapping push up
Start with original position.Now take off your hands from the floor and clap your hands before placing your hands again on the floor.
If you need better results from the exercises, you should follow proper techniques. Push up is a powerful exercise, if you do it properly, you will get unbelievable results. Lets’s do push ups to change your appearance and do not forget to add some variation to your push ups.